Sunday, December 2, 2007

Idioms


Dan-
"The Land Of Milk And Honey"
I'm actually pretty pleased with this one, i had alot of fun mixing some materials and painting again. I know photoshop is probably faster but i just can't get in the groove with it when i do illustrations. although i did use the computer to add some effects and make some things POP


Karl-
"To Jump Down Someone's Throat"

This wasn't exactly what I had in mind for this project, but it is my first all digital painting. Done in Photoshop in 7 HOURS. UGH. But I had fun painting that mouth. I found a really cool reference photo to work from of a guy with a throat cam mounted on his uvula. So that was cool. Reminded me of a section in the "Aeon Flux: Herodotus File" book with a series of "still images" from Aeon's throat cam as she blows this guy up after sticking his toe in her mouth.

1 comment:

Jesse Munoz said...

nice work. really dig the stuff you paint. you really have a strong grasp on using color effectively.