Thursday, January 3, 2008

Logos


Dan- "Gun Devil" This was done for the new comic project that I'm working on. The writer and I needed a logo for our pitch package, so while I didn't lie about my respect and intrigue in regards to typography. I did choose this assignment to kill two birds with one stone. The inspiration came from equal parts shogun assasin and watching Ralph Steadman work his magic on the Fear and Loathing criterion DVD. If you want to see if I succeeded in matching the tone of the book you can check out the first five pages on my website. oh and happy new year!

Karl - "Diggup Catchum" I originally was against making a logo for this idea, considering that it is a comic project I have had on the backburner for about 2 1/2 years now. But I've made some progress recently and this came out of it. I'm pretty happy with it, at least for this assignment. When I actually create the official logo I will have to make it more from scratch, as the dirty looking sans-seraph font was downloaded from dafont (www.dafont.com). The skull I actually made a couple days ago with whiteout tape on the back of my moleskin journal where I've been jotting down storypoints for 'Catchum.' I made a vector image of it in Illustrator at the last second to fill in that gap I had at the end of "Diggup." BTW, I just posted this piece on the 22nd of January, so it's very, very late.

No comments: